We will be having a Congregational Meeting following Service this Sunday, March 5th . As a
Member of SMPC, you may participate in officer nominations and elections for both Elders and Deacons (the two offices in the Presbyterian Church in America to which candidates may be nominated and elected). We are asking that Members 18 years and older take some time to review the Roles and Qualifications for Elders and Deacons prior to submitting their nomination/s. Click this Link for> Roles and Qualifications for Elders and Deacons
(1) Congregational Meeting (Nominations): On March 5 th , Session will receive the Nominations for both Elders and Deacons.
(2) Session: Members of Session will then meet with each Nominee regarding the office they have been nominated for and request their confirmation or denial of their desire to serve as a SMPC Officer.
(3) Training: If a Nominee has previously undergone Officer Training and has been ordained by a PCA Church to the office of Elder or Deacon, with SMPC Session approval, their name will be placed on the upcoming Ballot as a Candidate. If a Nominee has not undergone previous Training, they will be required to undergo the Training provided by SMPC. Training is estimated to take twelve weeks.
(4) Candidates: Nominees who have successfully completed Training and have been interviewed by the SMPC Session will then be placed upon the Ballot as a Candidate for election by the SMPC Congregation.
(5) Congregational Meeting (Voting): Date TBD. Members will have the opportunity to vote the entire selection of Candidates for the offices of both Elder and Deacon or they may vote ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on each individual Candidate.
(6) Elders and Deacons are installed and ordained.